Thursday, January 3, 2013

A lesson on quality vs. rushing out the door

http://www.screwattack.com/news/goku-vs-superman-update

This is an update regarding the online show Death Battle, with possibly the show's biggest fight ever: Goku from Dragon Ball Z, and Superman. The update states that the show is taking longer than anticipated because of how the animator is working around the clock for this special production. What struck to me is how the animator and the show's producers refused to cut corners and put on a good show.

This is how I wanted to write out my work; though not 24/7 like the person working on the video, I wanted to be sure to not cut corners and think about how I write out my books. I don't want to have to worry about removing content and rushing out my work only to have to make director's cut versions of my work; that's reserved for some side books that explain what happened behind the scenes when I didn't want to bloat the books with unnecessary filler. In short, quality over Christmas rushing. That's the moral of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment