Saturday, September 15, 2012

Super Special Blog Post: Blog Hop Interview

Yay, I've been selected to do a special blog hop posting! This posting is unique in that it's a blog hop that requires me to select five writers so they can do a similar blog hop post, too. The post will explore what my work in progress is about, and how it came to be.

Here are the rules for this blog post:


* Answer these ten questions about your current WIP (Work In Progress) on your blog

* Tag five other writers/bloggers and add their links so we can hop over and meet them.

Ten Interview Questions for The Next Big Thing:

* What is the working title of your book?
* Where did the idea come from for the book?
* What genre does your book fall under?
* Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
* What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
* Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
* How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
* What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
* Who or What inspired you to write this book?
* What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

* What is the working title of your book?

The working title of my book is Animator's Dream.

* Where did the idea come from for the book?

A lot of things, mostly consisting of internet hopping and researching voice actors on the web. Also, I got some ideas from real life and pop culture, plus some things that go on in my head. For instance, I made a chapter based on the anime series Code Geass, but I wanted to throw in giant robots from the video game series Armored Core. My imagination just ran wild with the possibilites of the missions my characters could do, and that's just one chapter! In short, I wanted to let my imagination run wild with the ideas contained in me.

* What genre does your book fall under?

Mainstream; it mixes elements of action, adventure, romance, sci-fi, psychological horror, and comedy.

* Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

I've actually been wanting to do an audiobook involving veteran voice actors, so if the chance that an anime movie would be made, I'd like these people to reprise their roles. If you're interested in my dream cast and why I chose them, go here:
http://projectrenesis.blogspot.com/2012/06/side-story-progress-and-dream-voice.html

* What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

A young anime fan is sucked into the animated world after winning a supposed magic pencil, and is caught in a mystery that is also a war against an evil organization terrorizing this new world.

* Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

Self-Published, since agencies are becoming obsolete and nobody wants to go through such hassles and middlemen loopholes.

* How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

I'm still working on it now! I've slowed down progress from time to time in spite of setting a goal of finishing one chapter section per week because of school and a need for entertainment.

* What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I would say Harold and the Magic Crayon, but also the novelization of Tron, too. I also got some elements of Stephen King's works and even inspirations from various comic books and manga.

* Who or What inspired you to write this book?

The whole anime and manga mediums inspired me, but I also wanted to implement real life people into this work. Some of the characters are based on characters from works of fiction and people in real life, notably voice actors in the anime industry.

* What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

There's something for everyone in this book, from getting involved in a centuries-old war to characters of different types, and there's all sorts of references to anime and manga in this book, too.

Five Writers on my tag list:

Lily Silver (http://lilysilver.webs.com/)
June Faver (http://livingwiththemuse.blogspot.com/)
Morgan Mandel (http://candidcanine.blogspot.com/2012/09/welcome-to-morgan-mandel-author-of-new.html)
Joe McCoubrey (http://joemccoubrey.com/a-novel-born-out-of-troubled-times-in-ireland/)
Tom Gillespie (http://pauldbrazill.wordpress.com/2012/09/14/short-sharp-interview-tom-gillespie/)

Credit goes to Maria Hammerblad for getting me involved in this special posting. If you wish to look at her works, then go to these links:
(http://www.facebook.com/maria.sadowski.5)
(http://www.scifiromance.info/)

No comments:

Post a Comment