Thursday, May 24, 2012

Chapter Three, Section Seven completed and other novel-related topics

I've finally finished the seventh section of chapter three in my novel. Took me some time but I'd finally done it, and it's a long chapter, too. It's actually longer than another one of the sections of this chapter: eleven pages versus eight pages! Now I'm going to work on a side story chapter for a character.

Speaking of which, an element that I wanted to add to my novel is multiple first person perspectives. For instance, in this third chapter, I introduced side stories to explain what the other main characters did when the hero wasn't around to speak. This will become crucial in major plot points in the novel, since the main character isn't always at one place at one time. It also allows readers to look at what other characters are thinking. This is something that anime and manga is known for, since usually the medium in question explores and develops on multiple characters at multiple times.

Thoughts? Feelings about such a concept in a novel? That's what the comments section is for.

No comments:

Post a Comment