Monday, May 21, 2012

Still working on section seven of my novel's third chapter, and other things.

I've been a little slow with the seventh section of chapter three in my novel, so I'll just explain what's going on. Basically, the main character and his friends are in this animated world within the animated world. It's confusing at first, but then we learn that the characters arrive in this world via a sort of dimensional portal. It was really an experiment done ages ago, to explore other animated worlds and even our physical world. This experiment involved the use of video DVDs and televisions, which would serve as the central input core for the portal device. Along the way, the hero and his friends befriend a resistance group taking down an empire, and they are aided by giant robots. However, the leader of this resistance really has an agenda of his own, but the hero does not know this yet. Adding to the tension, two mysteries are awakened when the hero has a nightmare about an evil demon out for his guts, and when a simple rescue mission turns into an encounter with a mysterious girl.

This chapter was intended to be a part of various themes in my novel, such as mirroring the animated world's characters with their physical world creators and actors. It also serves to reference other Japanese works, which in this chapter's case, the Armored Cores. Hailing from From Software's Armored Core series, Armored Cores (ACs) are basically walking tanks that can be customized for any mission or combat purpose. I wanted to throw in giant robots of some kind without using bio-technological robots like the Eva units in Neon Genesis Evangelion or the Gundams in the Gundam franchise. I also felt that Armored Core was less appreciated here in the United States compared to NGE, Gundam, Eureka Seven, whatever anime or manga features giant robots.

Speaking of actors, I also had big plans to make a special audio novel that would feature multiple voice actors playing out their characters. Of course, I would be the main character, since I created him. Alas, these VAs are humans like you and me, and they don't live forever, so I'm pressed to get this novel done. Then there's a convention coming up called Florida Supercon, and I intend to attend so I can get a feel for how conventions like these work and maybe meet example VAs and spread the word to them about my novel and my blog. If they're lucky, they might land a role in my audio novel, but that depends on what kinds of characters I implement and if these VAs accept my offer.

That's basically my novel progress and other thoughts in a nutshell. I'll get this third chapter done soon, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment