Friday, September 11, 2015

Novel Progress as of 2015

I've been writing my Animator's Dream novel since the year 2010. That's five years of me writing out this novel, but I have to admit some of that time was spent taking a break from it.

The time spent writing this book consisted of going through my outline and getting inspirations for the characters in the various chapters. I also spent time revising and even overhauling the manuscript. The issue is that I've written more content than I wanted and I felt some of it was irrelevant filler. In rare cases it's a matter of changing text based on subject matter, but those instances are rare.

Now, I will admit most of my time had been spent not writing the novel but that's because I was taking a break and gathering thoughts. I only got back into the groove of writing it because it'd been on hold for a long time. I hear of stories of writers putting out books every few months and here I am with my first novel having been under writing for a half of a decade. These are people churning out books and making some kind of money while I am still working on my own.

That's changed now. I've started getting back on track and even set up special scheduling to keep myself working. In addition to school and secondary tasks, I've been making plans for my career and overall future. I'm not going to specify what kind of plans since this is no place for my personal life and details, but it's time for me to change for the better and to complete long-term goals. This includes this novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment