Thursday, September 17, 2015

Possible Twitter Account

I'm writing this post because I'm considering creating a Twitter account for this blog.

I've hosted this blog on Google's Blogger service and put up postings on Facebook so people would notice. Unfortunately, that's not working out the way I wanted it. Hardly anyone actually looks at the Facebook page for this blog and the blog in general. Not giving away any names, but I know of some people with Twitter accounts and people are reaching out towards them at alarming rates. It doesn't help that Facebook has to rely on costly post boosting while Twitter has spreads through simple sharing, called re-tweets, and hashtags. Those two by themselves are responsible for multiple followers for anyone with a Twitter account. Facebook has hashtags as well, but they're not as potent there as on Twitter.

I will admit I don't do much with the Facebook page for the blog, right down to not having a proper cover for it. While I could make a cover for the blog page, making the page look good is meaningless if there's nobody to even look at it. At that point, however, it's time that I moved on to other means of spreading the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment