Friday, April 21, 2017

Yelp! I need some reviews! Yelp! Not just any reviews!

As suggested by the title, I've started doing reviews for the website Yelp.

Yelp is a website dedicated to reviews for restaurants, places of amusement, and other varieties of businesses and establishments. This website helps in making an educated decision on which locale to go to or which one to avoid. It's also great for finding niche places or if you're stumped on which restaurant to find near you.

I opened up an account for Yelp back in 2016, initially only having one review under my belt. However, I started writing reviews for various places that I have traveled to. This is because Yelp's reviews are only visible to those with a certain amount of reviews. While I have no idea exactly how many reviews are needed for this, it's definitely in the double digits. Ever since, I've been writing reviews of varying ratings and descriptions to make my reviews get noticed. Now I have seven reviews of restaurants and establishments I have gone to, and that number will climb up pretty quickly.

Yelp has been helpful in finding new restaurants to try, but it also serves as an opportunity to help businesses, too. It's thanks to Yelp that the lesser known restaurants get some sort of attention, while others get the message to clean up their act.

If you want to yourself, you can make an account for Yelp here: https://www.yelp.com/
They also have an app on the go, which can be downloaded for Android phones here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yelp.android&hl=en
Apple users wanting to use this app can use this link to download this app here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/yelp-nearby-restaurants-shopping-services/id284910350?mt=8

No comments:

Post a Comment